Monday, February 23, 2015

My Daughter's Shoes

A pair of shoes...many steps have been taken in this pair of shoes. They were given to me by my daughter. They are her Sperry's. She loved them, they are super comfy. She wore them to pieces. Then one day she got a new pair of Sperry's and gave these to me. Little did she know that they were going to have a whole new life with me.

I have worn them almost every day since she gave them to me. My daughter lives many miles away from me in the mountains. She is going through some difficult times. Overcoming great obstacles in her life. I cannot be near her, she is married and has a home of her own. I have a family to raise and take care of here. But... my heart will always be her heart. When her heart is hurting...my heart is hurting too.

When I wear her shoes, I feel like I am right beside her. It is my small way of remembering her. Hugging her "In theory," with each step I take. If I could as most mothers wish they could do, I would swoop in and wipe away each tear drop. I would hug away each cloud. I would literally smother her with this mother's love. A love that covers a multitude of hurt. My love for her.

Sometimes our children do not realize the depth of our love, until they have traveled some of the longest roads in life. I hope and pray that my dearest can feel the love and hope  that I have in my heart just for her.

This pair of shoes. I would walk many miles in my daughter's shoes to take away the clouds and give her rainbows. Just one small step...one tiny day at a time...we are traveling together down this road of life. No matter how hard, how difficult, God is with us. We are never alone. The three of us travel together arm in arm.
Hug your dear ones today, be a rainbow while you may.
Blessings,
Valerie

6 comments:

  1. Aww that is so sweet and lovely what you wrote about your daughter. It is so nice that you have worn her shoes so much too. I will give my daughter a big hug tonight. Take care and be well.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie. =) I appreciate your encouraging words. I have enjoyed her Sperry's. Hugs to you and your daughter.
      Blessings, Valerie

      Delete
  2. This is just beautiful Valerie. I hope your daughter's hard times come to and end soon. The shoes are very special for both of you :o]

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tania. I hope so too. It's funny how a little thing like a pair of shoes can be so special. Good luck with setting up your booth! Can't wait to see it. Blessings, Valerie

      Delete
    2. Oh Valerie, my heart just went out to you. A lovely post and if you only knew how I understand your mama's heart. Our grown children have no idea how we just carry them around in our hearts when we know they are suffering.
      I love your shoe story. I pray that your daughter's difficult times will not linger.

      Delete
  3. Oh Valerie,
    I love your sweet spirit! Maybe some day we can sit down and catch up. I hope all is well with your lovely C. She's beautiful like you.
    Love,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete